“It’s been a while now since I could raise a pen and feel my heart beating.
已经好久未曾提笔,真切地感受到心跳的鼓动了。
I woke up from this poison to see the world instead, only to find I had lost you in it.
我从这场迷醉中惊醒,终得看清真实的世界,却不料早已在其中迷失了自己。
Once I sewed my eyes and reached into the night, looking for the same melody.
曾几何时,我将双眼缝起,伸手探入暗夜,去追寻那支熟悉的旋律。
Memories replay, stinging my fingertips as I chase away ghosts.
回忆反复回放,刺痛着我的指尖,我仍在奋力驱散着心底的阴霾。
So that when I’m alone, I could embrace my own fall.
只为独处之时,能坦然接纳自己的沉沦。
I know when time passes, it will hang up the phone before the sun sets low.
我深知时光流转,世间一切联络终会在日落西沉之前被斩断。
An ocean of rye glows brightly, wavering slowly like a farewell to the world.
黑麦浪翻涌着璀璨光泽,缓缓摇曳,好似在与这世间诀别。
But I wouldn’t leave at all.
可我绝不会就此离去。
Right here, I found my soul.
就在这里,我寻得了灵魂的归所。
Yet there’s no way to turn off this feeling.
可这汹涌的情绪,终究还是无法平息。
I don’t deserve to get caught in between.
我不配深陷这般两难的境地。
Laughing at my own jokes—will it soften the blow when I let you go, in this one-man show of mine?
嘲笑着自己的笑话,是否可以缓和这失去的痛楚?当我最终选择放手,这场独幕剧里,依旧只剩我一人。
I never had to know it wasn’t real at all.
可我从未想过,这一切竟全是虚幻的。
We’ve been playing such different roles, so much has changed that it feels like I never knew you before.
我们不断扮演着截然不同的角色,世事变迁,我仿佛从未真正认识过真实的自己。
Waiting by the door were the mistakes I never had a chance to make.
曾在门边徘徊的,是那些我从未有机会犯下的过错。
I hesitated,
我曾犹豫过,
but I know pain will fade.
但我深知,伤痛终有一日会烟消云散。
For now, I’m spiraling down—just let me be.
此刻,我仍在下坠,但请让我暂且这样沉沦吧。
Some day I should be reacquainted with your reality, without my shadow haunting me.
终有一天,我该重新触碰属于我自己的真实世界,不再被过去的阴影纠缠不休。
Someone will tell me, sooner or later, that the colors I see were never meant for withering roses.
总有一天,会有人告诉我,我眼中的色彩,本就不该用来描绘凋零的玫瑰。
Yet why must I keep explaining myself to dawns that rise without the moonlight’s gentle glow?
可为何,我现在还要一次次地向没有月光相伴的黎明,反复剖白自己?”
——《A Letter》